Session 1: What would you do?
For full ThinkFeed credit, be sure to explain your thoughts as fully as possible, with details and examples. I suggest writing out your responses in a document first, proofread, then copy/paste into a new discussion post.
ABC News: What Would You Do? Season 2 Episode 12 First Scenario
**HOA is in NO way advocating our students step into uncomfortable or compromising situations. This is just an exercise in observation and reflection.
1. Before you watch, consider & respond briefly to the following:
- In what ways are all people the same? Can you list our most basic human needs?
- In what ways can people be different? How do we put people into categories?
2. Click the link to watch the first scenario only-
Season 2 Episode 12 First Scenario: Racial Bias in Coffee Shop.
3. Stop the video as needed to respond to any or all questions/ however much or little as you would like:
- What is your initial reaction to this scenario?
- Do you agree/disagree with the psychologist’s ideas of ‘categories’ and how people act according to being in a group of not?
- Have you ever experienced or witnessed prejudice?
- Could this happen in our community?
- Do individual actions have an effect on the community at large?
- What are your final thoughts by the end of this scenario?
Be sure to respond to others students’ posts appropriately, whether you agree with their thoughts or not.